Derry, County Derry
Serving up their own unique recipe of pop-rock, Cherym are a three-piece from Derry. The trio’s identity was born of a joint love of Garage Rock, Pop Punk and a desire to be the biggest band in the world. Their self-released debut EP 'Mouthbreatherz' racked up over 20,000 organic streams and garnered them fans all over Ireland, earning them slots at a number of prominent festivals and support roles for notable bands such as local legends ‘And So I Watch You From Afar’ and ‘Fangclub.’ Cherym were nominated for ’Best Single’ with their debut track 'Take It Back' at the 2018 NI Music Awards.
The band released their latest single ‘Abigail’ in November 2019, which has been their most successful release yet, with support from both DSP editorial play-listing and National radio. The song has received support from BBC Introducing, where it debuted on Huw Stephens’ show. In February 2020, the band embarked on a series of dates with ‘Yonaka’, including a sold-out show in The Grand Social in Dublin. Cherym are currently working toward the release of their next single, ‘Weird Ones’, which will be released in late April in support of their debut UK/IRE Tour.
- Radio debut on Huw Stephens Radio 1 show for 'Abigail'
- Radio play with BBC Introducing, BBC Radio 1, BBC Radio 6, RTE 2FM
- Live session for BBC Music NI + BBC Introducing
- The Irish Times Online Feature
- Nailler9 'Top 50 Irish acts of 2020'
- Hotpress 'Hot for 2020' Irish acts
- NI Music Awards 'Oh Yeah Contender' winner 2019
- NI Music Awards ‘Best Single’ and ‘Best Newcomer’ nominees
- Spotify editorial support:
New Punk Tracks: 145,000
Punk Unleashed: 65,000
Hot New bands: 43,000
The Punk List: 16,000
An Alternative Eire: 4,000
Headline performance at Stendhal festival
Performance at BBC 6 Music Big Weekend Belfast
Live session with BBC Introducing
Appearances at Electric Picnic, Indiependence, Output Belfast, K-Fest, Manchester Punk Festival
Support for Yonaka
Support for Fangclub
Support for And So I Watch You From Afar