3 things to know about Donal O Connor.
• Having spent his working life as an Environmental Health Officer he has recently retired and lives with his wife in the shadows of the Curlew mountains in North Roscommon.
• Despite working fulltime he made space over the years to record three albums of original songs, tour the Folk Clubs of the UK extensively, tour Germany on a number of occasions and performed occasionally in Spain, USA, Australia and New Zealand.
• He is an avid vegetable gardener, enjoys travel and cycling (that’s cycle touring and not the multi-coloured lycra pounding the hard shoulder type of
cycling!). He has recently completed a solo cycle form Achill, Co. Mayo to Auschwitz, Poland.
4 quotes relating to Donal O Connor
• Christy Moore described his first album “It’s About Time” as “a pure joy”.
• “O Connor captures beautifully the foibles of Irish life” (“Live at the Moving Stairs” album review)– Irish Times
• Charlie MCGettigan described Donal as one of his favourite song writers.
• “When you go to a Donal O Connor gig you leave with the feeling of having made a new friend” – Dick Glasgow, Black Nun Folk Club, Co. Antrim