Gráinne is a contemporary nu-folk singer/songwriter with a rich background in performance and songwriting. She has shared stages with Glen Hansard and U2, and has opened for Gladys Knight, Eagle Eye Cherry and The Bay City Rollers. Gráinne has toured extensively throughout Europe and the US.
Gráinne’s influences range from The Dubliners to Joni Mitchell, Mary Black to John Mayer. Her original album,This Secret (Sept '19) was recorded with Grammy nominated Thomm Jutz in Nashville. Alongside her original music, she founded songwritercircle.club in August 2020 and is involved in Trad Irish and Classical crossover project Gráinne and Brendan (Songs from Ireland) and Hibsen (a new series of songs based on James Joyce's Dubliners).
Throughout Covid she took time to focus on creating and collaborating. She performed for #IrelandPerforms, created the first #AdventCalendarOfSong, joined U2, Glen Hansard and others for The Late Late Show Charity Busk. 2021 saw many songs written, a focus on vocal, guitar and home-recording skills, the launch #1981series, and some shows, live and streamed. She saw out the year with a full band live recording in Iontas Theatre and has just completed the Kildare Creatives Development Programme with the Local Enterprise Office Kildare.
Grainne has recently been invited to be part of the company for new folk-musical 'In the Midst of Plenty' which will take place in Stroketown Famine Museum in June.
- Let Go made RTE Radio 1 recommends playlist two weeks in a row
- 7.5 stars ‘Gráinne Hunt…. Has a seriously bright future…..Excellent stuff.’ Hotpress
- ‘an album of incredible warmth and sentiment, songs borne of experience and honesty yet given just a breath of country freshness ... [a] seamlessly gentle fusion of Irish folk and Nashville backing, together with Gráinne’s gorgeous, slightly throaty vocal delivery’ FolkRadio.co.uk
- Song of the day Joe.ie
- 'gorgeous new album...a very talented musician' Mathieu Norry RTE
- ‘really true…..beautiful vocals’ Ruth Smith RTE
- ‘What a beauty!’ Fiachna Ó Braonáin RTE
- ‘This Secret is a stunner’ Michael Park, The International Americana Music Show
-'The Words of it all'....breathtakingly beautiful' Dan Hegarty, 2FM
- ‘her debut release is hewn out of a subtle special talent’ Tony Clayton Lea, Irish Times
- 'how I feel when I listen to Joni Mitchell or Mic Christopher's Skylarkin'' Remy's Music and Film
|26th May 2022||21:00||Gráinne and Brendan - Luzern Guitar Festival|
|27th May 2022||19:00||Gráinne and Brendan - Live at ONO|
|28th May 2022||19:00||Gráinne and Brendan - Private Show|
|29th May 2022||16:00||Gráinne and Brendan - Live|
|13th June 2022||19:00||Gráinne - Solo - BAG#3|
|6th August 2022||19:00||Gráinne - Solo - The Ghostlight Sessions|
|3rd September 2022||15:00||Gráinne - Solo - Hometown gig|
|10th September 2022||19:00||Gráinne - Solo - UK tour|
|11th September 2022||19:00||Gráinne - Solo - UK Tour|
|14th September 2022||14:00||Gráinne - Solo - UK Tour|
|15th September 2022||19:00||Gráinne - Solo - UK Tour|
|20th October 2022||19:00||Gráinne - Solo - Limerick|
|11th January 2023||12:00||Live at Friends - Brunch show|
|14th January 2023||17:00||Grainne and Brendan - Acoustic Festival Dusseldorf|
|22nd January 2023||14:00||Panelist - Your Roots are Showing - Carrickmacross|
|10th February 2023||20:00||Live at Prinz Willy, Kiel|
|20th February 2023||11:00||Live at Friends|